- Strawberry Spinach Salad with candied walnuts, goat cheese rolled in various herbs, with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Quinoa-Pasta Salad with arugula, halved grape tomatoes, chopped carrots, green onions, cukes, and radishes, dried cranberries, with the homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Heirloom Tomato Tarts in Parmesan Crust
- Dark Chocolate Truffles, some rolled in dark cocoa, others rolled in ground coconut (RECIPE BELOW!)
adapted from The Vegan Table*
1 8 ounce container nondairy (or dairy) cream cheese
3 cups powdered sugar
3 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
coconut or cocoa powder
In a blender: mix cream cheese until fluffy. Then add the powdered sugar thoroughly, adding a little at a time. Now add the melted chocolate and vanilla until blended well. Transfer the mix to a bowl, cover, and let sit in the fridge for about an hour or longer. When ready, start rolling them into truffle size balls with your hands. And, if you want, roll them in the coconut or cocoa powder or whatever your heart desires! I ground up the coconut flakes in my coffee grinder.
* Chocolate Truffles adapted from The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Published by Fair Winds Press, 2009.